Saturday, February 1, 2014

Valentine's Day Time Arrives

I've been putting in more face-time for my job and getting ready to go out to yet another entertainment event tonight on the Strip. I hope they have reclining seats! I'm a tired mama after three race track runs and a Valentine's Day craft - chair back envelopes. Easy peasy with my Tacky glue squeezy!

Since February decided to start on time, I had to jump on this project I'd been planning for, oh, years, since I first neatly organized it on my must-do craft board on Pinterest.

I looked around a few sites and found what would work best for these eight hands was glue (not hot) and felt. I found a big roll of stiff pink felt in JoAnn's remnant bin along with a few scraps of red felt. Total cost $3 and change. Score!



I folded the pink felt in half, cut it down the middle.


Then folded over the top to make a triangle.


Then folded up the bottom, glued and waited about three hours before gluing on some hearts and letters the hubby happily drew and cut for me. Having an artist on hand is, well, handy!

It could use some ironing, but I still need to slap on some makeup before our 7:30 p.m. dinner reservations. The wrinkles will fall out with all the use we plan to give these V-day chair-back envelopes! They are surprisingly strong and sturdy. We plan to put in cards, stickers, candies (left over from their birthday pinatas last month!) and use it as a reward system of sorts for chore completion. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment