Saturday, July 12, 2014

One Trip Too Many + Too Much Tulle = Inspiration




Their cheery disposition was ticking me off each time I stumbled over their many jolly faces staring up from the floor of the twins’ room.

All those stuffed animals, Barbies and other smiling, friendly faces were becoming a hazard to our vertical health.

I had bought some tulle when the hubby and I made a trip to Hancock fabrics recently. (Love that place!) I had planned to make a mermaid costume for Morgan, but this tulle was too blue so it languished in my sewing machine box for a few weeks, getting in my way when I went to hem the dining room curtains or fish out the seam ripper to redo her tiny dress straps, again.

Inspiration hit and, 
one no-sew five-minute project later, I’d solved two problems with three little items we had lying around the house.


I put up those sticky hooks that get all that commercial play during the holidays. (They really do work quite well, particularly if you like to move things around on a regular basis as I tend to do.)




I then put up the tulle and wrapped rubber bands around the prongs of the hooks and the tulle.

Then I put a happy little bow over each hook to hide the rubber bands.






Now Mickey, Mini and Hippo can host all the other orphaned animals from the bedroom floor for late night tea parties and what not, and I can walk safely in their room without tripping over a furry friend in the middle of the night!


No comments:

Post a Comment