Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hot Update! Sriracha PB Cookies



After some contemplation in a PP, we have completed our first experimental cookie of the season!

We chose Persnickety Plates recipe for Sriracha Peanut Butter Cookies, and, with a few minor changes, it tastes great, with just a little heat on the back end.

The twins pitched in, and not entirely sure Morgan didn't double dip her tiny teaspoon into the baking soda jar while my back was turned. At that point, we’re so close to putting it all in the mixer, I figure a baby teaspoon half full of baking soda can’t really hurt.We take a few minutes to decide between stuffing them into mini muffin tins or rolling into cookie balls.

The M&M guy looks as worried as my testers!

Meanwhile, Morgan's cheeks are bulging with the M&M's she thinks she’s stealing. The recipe calls for 1 cup of chocolate chips. We put in the whole bag of Pumpkin Spice M&Ms. I think we should have bought another bag and added more.

So does Morgan, because now we are out of the M&M's. She wasn't thrilled when I poured the entire bag into the brown blob in the bowl.
"You put them in there? Why?"

"Because it's thier chocolate destiny," I retort.

This gets her thinking.
"Oooh, it’s pretty," Morgan said. "You put my candies in the cookies! You’re the best, mommy."

Jack agreed, mainly because I snuck him a few candies before all the little M&M's were sacrificed.

Then we had clean up. And they both took off. I dragged them back to the kitchen.

“Mommy, look at the mess you made! Clean it up!”

Great.



The result? More peanut butter than Sriracha or chocolate, but a fun Halloween cookie. Hubby's co-workers were spooked by the ingredients, but they were fearless. They ate every last one and requested the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment